- To build a more vibrant, sustainable and resilient economy in North Wales.
- To build on our strengths, to boost productivity while tackling long-term challenges and economic barriers to deliver inclusive growth.
- To promote growth in a scalable, inclusive and sustainable way, in line with the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act 2015.
- Growth in regional prosperity: improved productivity, inward investment and the creation of new jobs.
- Better-quality jobs: through targeted interventions in high value sectors.
- More skilled workforce: supporting skills and training initiatives and targeted interventions in high value sectors.
- Improvements in standards of living: inclusive growth that provides opportunities, reduces poverty, inequality and deprivation.
4,200new jobs created
£2.4bnnet additional GVA
£179mOther Public Sector
The Growth Deal programmes will address known challenges within the region, unlock opportunities and build on our strengths. They align with our ambition for North Wales.
This programme will promote and support employment and training in the Agri-food and Tourism sectors, building on world-leading skills and expertise already established within the region. Due to our diverse and striking landscape, the programme will maximise sustainable opportunities within North Wales.
Successfully delivered, the programme will optimise innovation and create employment and training opportunities. It will deliver facilities that drive a sustainable and globally competitive position for our region.
This programme will address connectivity challenges within North Wales. Whilst the rest of the UK has benefited from improved services in recent years, many of our communities lack strong mobile and fixed broadband connectivity. The programme will enhance our region’s capability to develop technologies for the future, ensuring that we can meet the increasing demand for digital and benefit from fast, high-quality connectivity.
This programme will introduce sustainable connectivity to the region, attract inward investment and improve the provision for more residents and businesses.
This programme will promote innovation and commercialisation of technology in the manufacturing industry, building on the existing strength of the sector within our region.
In doing so, the programme aims to secure high-value employment and training opportunities and support manufacturing businesses to decarbonise in line with national and global efforts.
This programme will address land and property challenges within the region, to unlock opportunities and build on our strengths.
By addressing the challenges that face the property market in North Wales, the programme will develop sites to provide residential and employment premises. It will also maximise capacity at key transport links.
This programme will unlock the benefits of developing low carbon energy projects within the region, positioning North Wales as a leading location for the low carbon energy sector.
Our region's unique characteristics and natural resources offer the potential to develop projects that create new jobs, reduce carbon emissions and contribute to achieving net-zero by 2050.